5 Delicious Citrus Vodka Cocktails Recipes For Summer
Summer is coming to a close, but the family parties and great cocktails don’t have to. The British weather is renowned for being unpredictable, so you never know when a heatwave is round the corner, this is why having a staple list of showstopping cocktails is great to have, so you can host an extraordinary cocktail party at the drop of a hat!
Bring a touch of elegance to your cocktail menu with the NB Distillery’s London Dry Citrus Vodka. With no additives, and no sweeteners, you’ll experience the pure, subtle citrus tones, which are sure to be a hit with all your fellow party-goers. This is no ordinary flavoured vodka, each bottle contains naturally blended botanicals to add those smooth, citrus notes - there’s no concentrated flavours to be found here.
We’ve got the cocktail recipes to make your summer gatherings a great hit. The unexpectedly dry and smooth Citrus Vodka makes the perfect base for many exquisite drinks, here are the top 5 recipes so you and yours can join in on the fun.
The Classic One - Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Add a bit of class and sophistication to your summer gatherings with this classic Citrus Vodka cocktail. The citrus vodka adds a new twist to the traditional cosmopolitan which will leave your family and friends wanting to know the secret behind the unique taste.
Ingredients: 15ml of Triple sec, 30ml Cranberry juice, 45ml of NB Citrus Vodka, 10ml Lime juice, ice and Orange zest or Lime for garnish.
- Add all ingredients together and shake in a cocktail shaker
- Add ice
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Add garnish
The Quirky One - Clementine Martini
This simple Citrus Vodka cocktail recipe is the perfect cocktail to serve your guests. Experience the tangy punch of cointreau, with the freshness of clementines, topped off with your favourite bubbles. Great for any celebration.
Ingredients: 100ml of Cointreau, 6 Clementines juiced, 100ml of NB Citrus Vodka and 1 bottle of Prosecco, Cava or Champagne.
- Put Martini or Champagne glass into the freezer
- Put all the ingredients together except the Prosecco, Cava or Champagne into a jug
- Chill for an hour
- Serve by filling the mixture halfway in each glass, add the garnish and top up with the fizz
The Exotic One - Blue Lagoon
This Citrus Vodka based cocktail recipe is a bit on the exotic side but is perfect for impressing your guests. If the presentation alone doesn't win them over, the taste will certainly do the trick.
Ingredients: 100ml of Blue Curacao, 100ml of NB Citrus Vodka, 1 Lemon (Juiced), 1 Orange (Juiced), 1 Lime (Juiced), 200ml of Soda water, ice, 8 Maraschino cherries and 1 tsp of the syrup.
- Add a jug with ice (Crushed if preferred)
- Pour into the jug Blue Curacao, NB Citrus Vodka, fruit juices and the 1 tsp of syrup from the cherries
- Half fill your cocktail glasses with ice and then strain in the mixture
- Fill the rest of the glasses with soda water and stir gently
- Garnish with the cherries
The Sophisticated One - Lemon Drop
This lemon Citrus Vodka cocktail is perfect for the more sophisticated palette, with twists of sour lemon, sweet orange and sugar, this drink makes the ideal palate cleanser after a meal.
Ingredients: 50ml of NB Citrus Vodka, 25ml of Triple sec, 25ml of Lemon juice, 1 tbsp of White caster sugar, ice and Zest of half a Lemon.
- Put Martini glasses in the fridge to chill
- Mix the caster sugar with the peeled lemon zest
- Pour vodka in the shaker and add the triple sec, lemon juice and a handful of ice
- Shake until cold
- Coat the outside rim of the glasses with water and dip into the caster sugar mixture, until lightly coated
- Fill glasses with the strained contents of the shaker
The Savoury One - Bloody Mary
A slightly heavier take on a summer cocktail, this Citrus Vodka recipe is great for those who prefer a more savoury tasting drink, with one of your 5-a-day included.
Ingredients: 50ml of NB Citrus Vodka, 200ml Tomato juice, 2 tbsp Amontillado sherry, 1 tsp of Sherry vinegar, a pinch of Celery salt, Worcestershire sauce to taste, Tabasco to taste, squeeze of Lemon juice, a small handful of ice and a Celery stick to garnish.
- Add ice in a tall glass.
- Add the tomato juice, vodka, amontillado and sherry vinegar.
- Stir mixture in with celery salt, then season to taste with the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice.
- Finish with a celery stick
If all this talk about our London Dry Citrus Vodka has got you wanting to know more about our distilling process, why not book a tour of our distillery to see for yourself the passion that goes behind every bottle we sell.