5 Gin Cocktails To Tingle Your Taste Buds This Spring
Spring is upon us and the daffodils are starting to blossom. New born lambs scatter the farm fields and we get to enjoy the different seasonal tastes of spring; it’s a great season for flavour. Easter may have passed but we are still eating the leftover Easter eggs from our Easter celebrations. We believe it’s a great time to make yourself or your friends an assortment of spring gin cocktails to tingle your taste buds. Spring is a great time to get some of the best rhubarb there is to offer and it’s in abundance at this time of year. We believe it’s important to use local ingredients that are in season to reduce our carbon footprint, so rhubarb is a great mixer for your spring gin cocktail. We recommend that you choose their London Dry gin or Samphire gin to mix your spring ingredients with as they blend perfectly with your seasonal ingredients, click here to discover more about NB Distillery spirit range. If you need ginspiration on what cocktail to create this spring, We have compiled a list below of the 10 Gin Cocktails they think you should try this spring season.
Very simple, but delicious at this time of the year. This recipe requires minimal efforts to create the ultimate taste of rhubarb infused gin. Here is a quick recipe to help you create rhubarb gin:
INGREDIENTS: Rhubarb, NB Distillery London Dry or Samphire gin and Sugar.
- Prepare rhubarb by washing and cutting the stalks into 3cm lengths. Then you can add this to a jar with sugar
- Put a lid on, shake it all around and leave for 24hrs
- After 24hrs add NB Distillery London Dry or Samphire gin and leave for 4 weeks.
- After 4 weeks strain the cocktail and its ready to drink
Rhubarb Tom Collins
Both sweet and tart, this recipe creates sweet notes that are similar to rhubarb-apple crumble or strawberry-rhubarb pie. A perfect drink for those warm spring days. Here is a quick recipe to help you create a rhubarb Tom Collins:
INGREDIENTS: 1 rhubarb stalk, half a cup of sugar, 2oz NB Distillery London Dry or Samphire gin, 1oz lemon juice and 2-4oz of champagne or soda water.
- In a small pot, combine the rhubarb and sugar with 3 to 4 cups of water and leave it to boil
- Reduce heat, leave to simmer until the syrup thickens and is pink in colour. Leave for 20 mins
- Let the syrup cool down and then pour through a fine sith until all the lumps are gone
- In a cocktail shaker, combine your syrup with NB Distillery London Dry or Samphire gin
- Add champagne or soda water and lemon juice
- Shake well for about 20 seconds, strain and serve
Rhubarb Gin Sour
Sour cocktails can be made with any spirit, but we recommend that you use rhubarb gin especially in the spring months. It’s a great way to use up any spare rhubarb you have laying around. Here is a quick recipe to help you create a rhubarb gin sour:
INGREDIENTS: 50ml NB Distillery London Dry or Samphire gin, 30ml rhubarb syrup, 25ml lemon juice, 1 tbsp egg white and a Small piece of rhubarb or a lemon twist to garnish.
Rhubarb syrup INGREDIENTS: 200g chopped rhubarb, 150ml water and 150g sugar
- Pour sugar and water into a pot and stir on low heat until sugar dissolves
- Leave to cool
- Strain syrup and remove any lumps.
- Add all the ingredients and shake with a cocktail shaker for 30 seconds
- Add garnish and serve
Gin and Grapefruit
Moving away from rhubarb, another simple but tasty cocktail recipe is gin mixed with grapefruit. The sour notes of grapefruit blend well with the staunch taste of NB Distillery’s London Dry and Samphire gin to create a refreshing alcoholic beverage. Here is a quick recipe to help you create a gin and grapefruit cocktail:
INGREDIENTS: 30ml of NB Distillery’s London Dry or Samphire gin, grapefruit juice and sliced grapefruit
- Add your grapefruit juice
- Add your gin
- Service with ice and a slice of grapefruit
Elderflower Gin Fizz
This is the perfect cocktail to get you ready for the summer weather. Here is a quick recipe to help you create an Elderflower Gin Fizz:
INGREDIENTS: NB Distillery’s London Dry or Samphire gin, 30ml elderflower liqueur, 30ml lemon juice, sparkling wine and lemon curls
- Combine all the ingredients together
- Serve with a lemon curl