5 Fruity Summer Rum Cocktails For People That Don't Like Rum
Summer is in full swing and it’s time to get out your gazebo and invite your friends round for a garden party. The hot weather is the perfect excuse to experiment with fruity flavours and at NB Distillery, we are passionate about introducing our customers to new flavours to enhance their taste pallets. A popular drink to make in the summer is a rum cocktail and these are the perfect drinks to impress your friends. They are even ideal for people who don't like rum as our NB light fruity rum, perfectly blends with many fruity mixers. At NB Distillery, we like to give you the best ways of getting the most out of our spirits, so this article will give you 5 fruity summer rum cocktails for people that don’t like rum.
This is a classic cocktail for people who don’t drink rum as it blends fruity summer rum with iconic Caribbean flavours.
Ingredients: 175ml of fresh orange juice, 75ml fresh lime juice, 150ml of NB light fruity rum, 50ml sugar syrup, a small amount of grenadine, small amount of angostura bitters, ice cubes, grated nutmeg, 2 slices of orange, cherries to garnish.
- Pour all the ingredients together
- Put into the fridge for up to 1hr
- Add ice cubes, sprinkle the nutmeg over the cocktail and garnish with an orange slice and a cherry
Tropical Coconut Rum Punch
For coconut lovers, this drink is for you. If your guests who don’t drink rum liked our rum punch recipe, this is guaranteed to be a winner.
Ingredients: 500ml of pineapple juice, 500ml of mango juice, 250ml of NB light fruity rum, 250ml of coconut milk, sliced pineapple and limes on skewers.
- Add the measured ingredients into your punch bowl, mix well and chill in the fridge
- Add a slice of pineapple and lime for garnish
A fruity summer rum cocktail that is made to wow your taste buds. If your guests don’t like rum, this recipe will change their minds.
Ingredients: 8-10 raspberries, 1 lime cut in segments, 2 mint leaves, ice, 100ml of NB light fruity rum, sparkling water.
- Add raspberries, lime and sugar into a glass and use a muddler (spoon if you don’t have a muddler) to mix the ingredients and release the fruity notes
- Bruise the mint leaf (can do this by slapping the leaf between your hands) and drop it into the drink. Add more mint if needed
- Add the rum, followed by the ice and stir with sparkling water
Everyone loves a daiquiri, so why not try a watermelon daiquiri this summer. A watermelon daiquiri makes the perfect cocktail for all your guests.
Ingredients: Ice, 50ml of NB light fruity rum, 25ml of watermelon liqueur, 10ml of lime juice. 100mg of watermelon, watermelon wedges.
- Add a handful of ice into a suitable blender with rum, watermelon liqueur and lime juice
- Blitz thoroughly
- Add daiquiri into a cocktail glass and garnish with a watermelon wedge
Bring the beach to your party with this tropical pina colada recipe. Perfect for sharing.
Ingredients: 120ml of pineapple juice, 60ml of NB light fruity rum, 60ml of coconut cream and a wedge of pineapple.
- Blend all ingredients with ice until smooth
- Pour in a tall glass
- Add a wedge of pineapple